It was a breakthrough sale for the Nutrien Supreme Sale at Toowoomba last month. The increased support of this sale showed the strength of the performance horse industry in QLD, with the highest number of horses entered since its inception.
An extra 100 horses were sold compared to the 2021 Nutrien Supreme, which has nearly doubled the gross as it currently sits at $4,099,455. The average sales price was $15,890, with a clearance rate of 82.17%.
“It’s the largest catalogue that has been put together and arguably one of the best (for the Supreme). Like all the performance sales we do across the country, it has been a very strong sale. A very positive result in both the ridden and led horses.” Said Nutrien Equine’s Simon Booth.
With the increase of entries, an extended program saw the sale begin on Friday evening with the run of broodmares. After a successful Meet and Greet, the arena was a hive of activity where the variety of mums and bubs sold for an average of $13,525 and a top price of $40,000.
Saturday was buzzing as the yearlings kicked of the second day of the Sale. Terry & Christine Hall’s filly, Lot 115 HAZELWOOD CONSOLE, topped the yearlings with $45,000. As the book has now closed for HAZELWOOD CONMAN, this daughter is even more valuable to the purchaser, Dennis Heycox from Blayney NSW.
Sunday continued the impressive ridden section and topping this year’s Supreme Sale at $120,000 and yet breaking another record was Lot 329 SUEN TOO DUCK on account of The Estate of the late John Brekelmans.
This 5-year-old mare is out of the great DUCKS DUX and by the PEPTOBOONSMAL sire in BOON TOO SUEN. Being described as a very talented mare, she was started by Brekelmans and was aimed for the NCHA futurity. She will now continue her journey with new owners M & J Bloom in NSW.
2022 Supreme Sale Results Breakdown.
20/21 sold (95.24%)
Top: Lot 25 WINDERADEEN CATITUDE $40,000
89/103 sold (86.41%)
Top: Lot 115 HAZELWOOD CONSOLE $45,000
149/190 sold (78.42%)
Top: Lot 329 SUEN TOO DUCK $120,000
Simon credited the vendors for such outstanding results; “Well presented and well prepared with purple pedigrees were the horses that were the stand outs in the dollar value. It is a credit to the vendors for bettering the breeding and preparation of their sale horses.”
To compliment the strong sale, the online platform AuctionsPlus had plenty of traffic over the weekend. AuctionsPlus has been an absolute game changer as it allows a much larger demographic the opportunity to be a part of the Nutrien Experience. A lot of support has been shown from all over Australia, with horses being bought by buyers in WA, TAS, SA, NSW, QLD, VIC.
2022 Nutrien Supreme Challenge & Campdraft Competition
The Supreme Incentive Challenge & Campdraft saw record entries, and finals competition was hot on Saturday night. It was great to see the competition so well supported with competitors travelling from interstate and all parts of QLD, and the atmosphere was fantastic with a packed hill of spectators for Saturday night’s finals.
The team at the Nutrien Supreme is very appreciative of Lemontree Feedlot’s continued support in allowing the use of their cattle.
This year’s winners were:
- 2022 Riverina Supreme Campdraft Champion: Nathan Wilson, riding TASSAS REPLAY, owned by Priorgrazing Pty Ltd, 160 points.
- 2022 Lemontree Feedlot Masters Campdraft Champion: Matt Rynne, riding BELJAY REBEL ACRES, owned by RKG Pastoral, 165 points.
- 2022 Black Truck Sales Novice Campdraft Champion: Kylie Mcphee, riding DENMARK SAILOR, owned by Kylie Mcphee, 175 points.
- 2022 Shanahan’s Livestock Transport Open Campdraft Champion: Wyatt Young, riding BINNIA MILAN, owned by Craig & Janelle Young and Wyatt Young, 177 points.
- 2022 Rosevale Santa Gertrudis 5/U Challenge Champion: Nathan Wilson, riding TASSAS REFLECTION, owned by Nathan Wilson, 348.77 points.
- 2022 Dalgety Animal Health 2yo Challenge Champion: Scott Keogh, riding LAZY D CAPTAINS BARBIE, owned by Noel Day, 262 points.
- 2022 Donrica Performance Horses Gelding Shootout Champion: Dean Stephen, riding APPLEGUM COAL, owned by Dean Stephen, 83 points.
Another outstanding job by the Nutrien Toowoomba branch and Nutrien Equine Team. A sincere thank you to all the vendors, buyers, competitors, old and new, as well as the amazing sponsors for their ongoing support. Pencil in the last week of April for the 2023 Nutrien Supreme Sale & Campdraft!